Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Financial Aid

so, I just found out the summer system is totaly separate from the normal school yr (fall n spring)

so even tho im starting in the summer, im not really a registered student (for some things) cuz i haven payed for fall classes yet.

So, basically i cant get a job through calisto(its where ppl in berkeley post if they have job openings) till the fall, so for the summer im on my own, which means ill have to get a random job off campus prob, the problem with that is i only have 6 weeks, who wants to hire me 2 days a week for 5 or 6 weeks?

well well c, anyway back to the topic, sumer fin aid, so i got a pell grant and bout 3000 in loans that will cover all my costs for the summer. anyway, how it works

apply for summer financial aid-

that of course was for 2009, next year it will change.

anyway, after i did all of that i got my package, acepted it, then got an email saying a check was waitin for me :)

so i went to 140 university hall on oxford st. and picked up a check (the schholarship amount minus the tuition, they already setled my tuition fees, i didnt need to do anythin)

so except for 3000 in loans already, im all set. (the good thing is the interest on the loan only starts 6 months after i graduate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment